Claudia Creolla Earrings
- Local shipping in US & Canada + Global Shipping
- Low stock - 4 items left
- Inventory on the way
Our Claudia Creolla Earrings are an ode to classic Filipiniana. Flourishes and rositas adorn the creolla’s wreath in a style reinvented for the modern age. Wear your heritage on the special days—or everyday, really.
Because each piece is crafted in gold filigree (not engraved), it can take 2 to 3 days to craft a pair of earrings.
The artistry of gold filigree craftsmanship has been practiced by native plateros for centuries. The platero begins by melting blocks of gold or silver, repeatedly hammering and cooling them until they become fine and delicate threads. The threads are carefully shaped by hand into "kalado" or lace-like patterns inspired by nature. To craft more intricate pieces, the platero individually welds small drops together to form beautiful heirlooms.
- Handcrafted by Filipino artisans in Ilocos using the rare art of gold filigree, a pre-Hispanic indigenous technique
- Made of 985 pure silver dipped in 24-karat gold
- Height of 2.2cm and width of 1.9cm
- Latch back closures
- Intended as heirloom pieces, colours will tarnish over time to develop a more antique look
- Nickel-free and lead-free, suitable for sensitive skin
- Check out with Sezzle and split into 4 interest-free payments over 6 weeks