- Local shipping in US & Canada + Global Shipping
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Embody Filipino elegance in every detail, down to the cuff of your sleeves. At every glance, our Bernie Cufflinks reveal more to admire in its intricate pattern: symmetry, precise beadwork, and kalado (lace-like) motifs. All perfected by hand.
These cufflinks were handcrafted by artisans in Bicol. The artistry of gold filigree craftsmanship has been practiced by native plateros for centuries. The platero begins by melting blocks of gold or silver, repeatedly hammering and cooling them until they become fine and delicate threads. The threads are carefully shaped by hand into kalado inspired by nature. To craft more intricate pieces, the platero individually welds small drops together to form beautiful heirlooms.
- Handcrafted by Filipino artisans in Bicol using the rare art of gold filigree, a pre-Hispanic indigenous technique
- Pure silver dipped in 24-karat gold
- Length of 2.5cm and width of 1.7cm
- Intended as heirloom pieces, colours will tarnish over time to develop a more antique look
- Nickel-free and lead-free, suitable for sensitive skin
- If you're looking to match a suit lapel pin with this piece, check out the Bernie Gold Filigree Suit Lapel Pin
- Check out with Sezzle and split into 4 interest-free payments over 6 weeks