Julia Rosita Necklace
- Local shipping in US & Canada + Global Shipping
- Low stock - 3 items left
- Inventory on the way
Filipiniana reimagined for the modern Filipina. Our Julia Rosita Necklace pays homage to the tambourine (or tamborin) necklaces from the Philippines' colonial past. The ornate pendant is embellished with at least 98 tiny granules!
Handcrafted in gold filigree, a meticulous and rare technique perfected by the plateros of Ilocos Sur. Every heirloom carries the proud story of our pre-colonial heritage and of fine Filipino craftsmanship as it has evolved through the years.
The artistry of gold filigree craftsmanship has been practiced by native plateros for centuries. The platero begins by melting blocks of gold or silver, repeatedly hammering and cooling them until they become fine and delicate threads. The threads are carefully shaped by hand into "kalado" or lace-like patterns inspired by nature. To craft more intricate pieces, the platero individually welds small drops together to form beautiful heirlooms.
- Handcrafted by Filipino artisans in Ilocos using the rare art of gold filigree, a pre-Hispanic indigenous technique from the Philippine islands
- 985 pure silver dipped in 24-karat gold pendant with a height and width of 2.5cm
- Chain length: 24" Sterling silver dipped in 18-karat gold chain
- Intended as heirloom pieces, colours will tarnish over time to develop a more antique look
- Check out with Sezzle and split into 4 interest-free payments over 6 weeks