The AMAMI Minimalist Chain Pendant Necklace In Gold Filigree
AMAMI - Made in Philippines
Why you'll love this product
A delicate chain necklace with a gold filigree pendant, The AMAMI is the perfect way to add a touch of Filipiniana to your outfit.
Coined after the term 'Ama Namin', meaning 'Our Father' in Tagalog, this bead was once used as the Our Father bead of rosary-inspired necklaces often worn during the Spanish colonial period. Each bead is made up of over one HUNDRED tiny globules of silver manually pieced together, making it a stunning and intricate tambourine bead full of history.
Handcrafted in gold filigree, a meticulous and rare technique perfected by the plateros of Ilocos Sur. Every heirloom carries the proud story of our pre-colonial heritage and of fine Filipino craftsmanship.
The artistry of gold filigree craftsmanship has been practiced by native plateros for centuries. The platero begins by melting blocks of gold or silver, repeatedly hammering and cooling them until they become fine and delicate threads. The threads are carefully shaped by hand into "kalado" or lace-like patterns inspired by nature. To craft more intricate pieces, the platero individually welds small drops together to form beautiful heirlooms.
- Handcrafted by Filipino artisans in Ilocos using the rare art of gold filigree, a pre-Hispanic indigenous technique from the Philippine islands
- Pure silver dipped in 24-karat gold
- 16" chain
- Intended as heirloom pieces, colours will tarnish over time to develop a more antique look
- For better preservation, reduce exposure to sweat and perfume and store within an air tight container
- FREE Shipping to Canada & USA on orders over $79.00
- Worldwide Shipping available at checkout
- Canada & USA: 3-5 business days
- USA: 3-5 business days
- Express shipping available at checkout
- Comes with a handwritten note
- If this is a gift and you would like us to include a note with a specific message, indicate it in the "notes" section upon checkout
- Refund available within 30 days. See details