- Handmade in Ilocos
- Local shipping in US & Canada + Global Shipping
- Low stock - 2 items left
- Inventory on the way
Monday meetings to Sun-date nights一every day of the week is a chance to wear your heritage with these Spiral Hoops. AMAMI artisans bring a Filipiniana twist to a classic accessory, hoop earrings, through the Philippine craft of gold filigree.
Plateros (silversmiths) of Ilocos Sur perfected the meticulous and rare technique of gold filigree; every heirloom they handcraft carries the proud story of our pre-colonial heritage and of fine Filipino craftsmanship.
The artistry of gold filigree craftsmanship has been practiced by native plateros for centuries. The platero begins by melting blocks of gold or silver, repeatedly hammering and cooling them until they become fine and delicate threads. The threads are carefully shaped by hand into "kalado" or lace-like patterns inspired by nature. To craft more intricate pieces, the platero individually welds small drops together to form beautiful heirlooms.
Because each piece is crafted in gold filigree (not engraved), it can take 2 to 3 days to craft a pair of earrings.
- Handcrafted by Filipino artisans in Ilocos using the rare art of gold filigree, a pre-Hispanic indigenous technique
- Made of 985 pure silver dipped in 24-karat gold
- Diameter of 2.2cm and thickness of 0.4cm
- Latch-back closures
- Intended as heirloom pieces, colours will tarnish over time to develop a more antique look
- Nickel-free and lead-free, suitable for sensitive skin
- Check out with Sezzle and split into 4 interest-free payments over 6 weeks