The Cordilleras Single Infinity Scarf
ANTHILL Fabric Gallery - Made in Philippines
Wear Your Tribe. Wear With Pride.
Carefully crafted by the master weavers of Bangued, Abra in the mountain regions of northern Philippines, the Cordilleras Scarf bears the beautiful markings of the weaves of Northern Luzon.
The Cordilleras is the highest mountain range in the Philippines, a region renowned for its iconic rice terraces and rich indigenous cultures. During Spanish rule, the rocky terrain and fighting spirit of the native Filipinos meant the Spanish couldn't control the region. This partly explains why the vibrant cultures of the Cordilleras continue to exist today.
To craft each piece, weavers source scrap threads of cotton, which they upcycle and meticulously spin into yarn using traditional wooden looms. The process is long and arduous, but the result is a contemporary, zero-waste piece. Crafted with the story of Filipino heritage and indigenous craft, while minimizing impact on the earth.
- Designed and handcrafted in the Philippines by the master weavers of Bengued, Abra
- Lightweight statement scarf ideal for moderate temperature
- Made with upcycled, scrap cotton threads for minimal environmental impact
- Handspun yarn, cotton fabric
- Features the Kantarines and/or Binakol weaves
- Care instructions: Handwash at maximum temperature of 40C. Machine wash at warm low spin cycle. Do not bleach. Iron low. Do not tumble dry. Do not dry clean. Handle with care.
- FREE Shipping to Canada & USA on orders over $79.00
- Worldwide Shipping available at checkout
- Canada & USA: 3-5 business days
- USA: 3-5 business days
- Express shipping available at checkout
- Comes with a handwritten note
- If this is a gift and you would like us to include a note with a specific message, indicate it in the "notes" section upon checkout
- Refund available within 30 days. See details