Amihan Tasseled Scarf
ANTHILL Fabric Gallery - Made in Philippines
Wear Your Tribe. Wear With Pride.
Amihan is a Tagalog word meaning breeze from the northeast. We picture this beautiful scarf aflutter in the wind, carrying on the proud spirit of our Filipino ancestors.
Carefully crafted by the master weavers of Bangued, Abra in the northern mountain regions of the Philippine Cordilleras, the Amihan Scarf bears the iconic stripes of the Kantarines weave.
To craft each piece, weavers source scrap threads of cotton, which they upcycle and meticulously spin into yarn using traditional wooden looms. The process is long and arduous, but the result is a contemporary, zero-waste piece. Crafted with the story of Filipino heritage and indigenous craft, while minimizing impact on the earth.
- Designed and handcrafted in the Philippines by the master weavers of Bengued, Abra
- Lightweight statement scarf ideal for moderate temperature
- Made with upcycled, scrap cotton threads for minimal environmental impact
- Handspun yarn, cotton fabric
- Care instructions: Handwash at maximum temperature of 40C. Machine wash at warm low spin cycle. Do not bleach. Iron low. Do not tumble dry. Do not dry clean. Handle with care.
- FREE Shipping to Canada & USA on orders over $79.00
- Worldwide Shipping available at checkout
- Canada & USA: 3-5 business days
- USA: 3-5 business days
- Express shipping available at checkout
- Comes with a handwritten note
- If this is a gift and you would like us to include a note with a specific message, indicate it in the "notes" section upon checkout
- Refund available within 30 days. See details