Handwoven Face Masks by Ifugao NationRegular price $20.00 CAD Sale price $12.00 CAD
Protect yourself and others with our new handwoven face masks, exclusive for the holidays! These masks are brought to you by Ifugao Nation, an Indigenous-led social enterprise in the Philippines that provides sustainable livelihood to Ifugao weavers, most of whom are also the farmers and cultivators of the rice terraces.
Shop more face masks here.
About the weaves: Every weave is handcrafted by Ifugao men and women of the Kiyyangan Weavers Association. The weaves are meticulously woven by hand using local Philippine cotton. Designs are made in consultation with Ifugao elders, and are new creations inspired by traditional textiles and patterns. We encourage you to learn more about your weaves here.
About your purchase: All the profits from every Ifugao Nation face mask sold will be donated to the Indigenous Peoples Education Center, a movement aiming to preserve Ifugao cultural traditions through educating youth.
About Save The Ifugao Rice Terraces Movement (SITMo): Ifugao Nation is the social enterprise arm of Save The Ifugao Rices Terraces Movement. SITMo is a grassroots organization working towards the conservation of the Rice Terraces of the Philippine Cordilleras and the culture that produced them. They're involved in rice research, documentation of traditional practices, heritage education, ecotourism, and weaving. Learn more here.
- All Ifugao Nation masks have 3 layers: an outer cotton or polyester weave, a polypropylene layer (filter), and an inner lining.
- Sizing: Medium: 4.75" x 9.5". Large: 5" x 10". If you bought our other handwoven face masks in the past, those were similar to the Medium side.
- Our model (Nikki!) is wearing the medium size
- Care instructions: Wash your mask first before using and after every use. Hand wash in warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds.
Important Notes: While this mask provides protection, you still need to avoid touching your face, wash your hands with soap and water, avoid crowded places, and practice social distancing. This is not medical grade.
- Non-surgical and non-medical use, for personal use only