Buwan Capiz Choker
- Local shipping in US & Canada + Global Shipping
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
The Buwan Capiz Choker invokes memories of childhood sleepless nights when we'd look up at the buwan (moon) and dream of big things to come. This elegant piece features brass and an elegant pendant crafted from organic Capiz shell, individually cut and shaped by talented jewelry artisans in Cebu.
Inspired by nature and the bountiful islands of the Philippines, the Islander Collection by Island Girl is made with genuine shells and natural materials, sustainably sourced from Cebu and its surrounding islands with minimal impact to the environment.
The shells are first transluscent in their raw form and baked, transforming into white shells. The artisans then carefully coat each piece in a layer of resin to better preserve the natural luminescence of the Capiz.
As materials are sourced from nature and crafted by hard working hands, each piece features 'intentional imperfections' - variations in exact size, cut, colour, texture, and patterns. This adds to the individuality and unique story of each piece.
- Designed and handcrafted in the Philippines by Filipino artisans in Cebu
- Made of genuine, sustainably sourced Capiz Shell
- Metal backings are brass and nickel-free.
- Lightweight design for all-day comfort.
- Materials are locally and ethically sourced to support traditional Filipino crafts with minimal interference with the natural habitat
- Height of 9inches with a width of 5.5inches
- Each piece features 'intentional imperfections' - variations in exact size, cut, colour, texture, and patterns. This adds to the individuality and unique story of each piece.
- Care instructions: Natural and organic shells are delicate. Avoid exposure to excessive heat and moisture. Wipe clean with soft, damp cloth. Do not use harsh chemicals or cleaners.
- Check out with Sezzle and split into 4 interest-free payments over 6 weeks