Cambio & Co. Marketing & Operations Coordinator
We’re looking for a team member in the Philippines! The person we’re looking for will help us gather and share stories on the ground in Manila, while providing communications and administrative support virtually. We’re a small team (there’s only two of us full-time!) so you’ll be a critical member who will be involved in almost every aspect of our business.
If you’re passionate about creating sustainable livelihood for Filipino artisans, preserving indigenous traditions, collaborating with inspiring Filipino social entrepreneurs, and challenging colonial mentalities - well, we want to meet you!
About Cambio & Co.
Cambio & Co. is an ethical fashion company in Canada specialized in contemporary, conscious fashion made with Filipino soul. Every piece is designed and handcrafted in the Philippines by fairly paid artisans to celebrate Filipino craftsmanship, culture, and heritage.
We exist to foster appreciation for Filipino culture and heritage in order to create sustainable livelihood for Filipino artisans and preserve our unique cultural traditions.
We are a small team based in Toronto, Canada with growing clientele across the United States, Canada, and internationally. Learn more at www.shopcambio.co
YOU’RE PASSIONATE ABOUT MEANINGFUL CHANGE
- Must be knowledgeable about social enterprises, ethical fashion, and the fair trade movement (or demonstrate a genuine desire to learn)
- Believe that business can be ethical, impactful, and financially sustainable
- You’re informed about the dynamics of poverty, inequality, and social injustice in the Philippines and you believe in shifting the balance
- You have a strong desire to learn more about indigenous communities, cultures, and craftsmanship in the Philippines
- You’re respectful of different cultures and viewpoints, and believe in the spirit of collaboration
YOU KNOW HOW TO TELL A GOOD STORY
(Communications, Marketing & Content Creation)
- You have experience creating content that’s fun, informative, engaging, and true to the Cambio brand voice for our social media channels (Instagram, IG Stories, Twitter, and Facebook)
- Prepare visually appealing email newsletters for our Cambio community with Mailchimp
- Work with our Chief Marketing Officer to develop marketing strategies and storytelling campaigns
- Seek out and attend exciting events in Manila and areas where our communities are based, documenting stories and creating engaging content for our social platforms, especially Instagram Stories
- Bonus points if you’ve got basic graphic design skills (Canva) and experience with apps like Unfold and Planoly
YOU’RE AN EXCELLENT COMMUNICATOR
(Customer Service & Partnerships)
- Quickly respond to customers through social media, online chat, and email while delivering a memorable and meaningful client experience
- Communicate effectively and professionally with our brand partners in the Philippines via phone, in-person, and online as needed
- Be able to write clearly, professionally, quickly, and with personality (reliability is a MUST)
- Bonus points if you can speak Tagalog and/or other Filipino languages
YOU GET THE DETAILS RIGHT
- Data entry of invoices / expenses in Quickbooks Online
- Complete our end of month process and track key organization metrics
- Develop sales reports and communicate with our partners
- Publish new products and blog posts onto the Shopify ecommerce platform
WORK CONDITIONS & COMPENSATION
- Part-time (10-15 hours per week) with possibility for full-time as we grow
- Must have your own computer
- Work remotely = avoid that EDSA traffic :D
- You’ll be working virtually with our founders in Canada, so you must love working independently in a non-traditional environment
- Access to fast and reliable internet connection is a MUST
- We’re looking for a team member, not an employee - be willing to challenge us, give us your opinions, and come with new ideas
- Competitive payment
READY TO APPLY?
Yay! Please follow our instructions closely.
Do NOT submit a cover letter. Send an email to email@example.com with subject line: ‘APPLICATION: [YOUR FIRST & LAST NAME]’.
Within your email, attach your resume as a PDF with file name ‘[YOUR FIRST & LAST NAME]’s Resume’. And within the email body, please send us your written responses to the following questions below:
- Where do you hang out on social? Paste a link (or links) to your social media handles below.
- Why do you think you would make a great member of our team?
- Link us to one of your favourite marketing/brand campaigns and tell us why it’s effective.
- Which of our Cambio & Co. brand partners do you resonate with most and why?