Cambio & Co. Operations & Marketing Coordinator
We’re looking for a team member in the Philippines! The person we’re looking for will manage our operations and logistics on the ground in Manila, while providing marketing and administrative support virtually. We’re a small team (there’s only two of us full-time!) so you’ll be a critical member who will be involved in almost every aspect of our business.
If you’re passionate about creating sustainable livelihood for Filipino artisans, preserving indigenous traditions, collaborating with inspiring Filipino social entrepreneurs, and challenging colonial mentalities - well, we want to meet you!
About Cambio & Co.
Cambio & Co. is an ethical fashion company in Canada specialized in contemporary, conscious fashion made with Filipino soul. Every piece is designed and handcrafted in the Philippines by fairly paid artisans to celebrate Filipino craftsmanship, culture, and heritage.
We exist to foster appreciation for Filipino culture and heritage in order to create sustainable livelihood for Filipino artisans and preserve our unique cultural traditions.
We are a small team based in Toronto, Canada with growing clientele across the United States, Canada, and internationally. Learn more at www.shopcambio.co
Are You The Right Fit For Our Team? You Are If…
YOU’RE PASSIONATE ABOUT MEANINGFUL CHANGE
- Must be knowledgeable about social enterprises, ethical fashion, and the fair trade movement (or demonstrate a genuine desire to learn)
- Believe that business can be ethical, impactful, and financially sustainable
- You’re informed about the dynamics of poverty, inequality, and social injustice in the Philippines and you believe in shifting the balance
- You have a strong desire to learn more about indigenous communities, cultures, and craftsmanship in the Philippines
- You’re respectful of different cultures and viewpoints, and believe in the spirit of collaboration
YOU KNOW HOW TO TELL A GOOD STORY
(Communications, Marketing & Content Creation)
- You have experience creating content that’s fun, informative, engaging, and true to the Cambio brand voice for our social media channels (Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook)
- Prepare visually appealing email newsletters for our Cambio community with Mailchimp
- Work with our Chief Marketing Officer to develop marketing strategies and storytelling campaigns
- Bonus points if you’ve got basic graphic design skills (Canva) and have a knack for making things pretty
YOU’RE AN EXCELLENT COMMUNICATOR
(Customer Service & Partnerships)
- Quickly respond to customers through social media, online chat, and email while delivering a memorable and meaningful client experience
- Communicate effectively and professionally with our brand partners in the Philippines via phone, in-person, and online
- Be able to write clearly, professionally, quickly, and with personality (reliability is a MUST)
YOU MAKE SH*T HAPPEN(Logistics & Operations)
- Be a problem solver who can quickly think on your feet and work independently
- Act as our main point of contact in the Philippines to consolidate orders, coordinate logistics with our partners, and ship packages to Canada in a timely manner
- Coordinate directly with local shipping carriers in the Philippines
- Assist with logistics for our annual trip to the Philippines (and even tag along!) to community visits, industry events, and partner meetings
YOU GET THE DETAILS RIGHT
(Finance & Administration)
- Data entry of invoices / expenses in Quickbooks Online
- Complete our end of month process and track key organization metrics
- Develop sales reports and communicate with our partners
- Publish new products and blog posts onto the Shopify ecommerce platform
WORK CONDITIONS & COMPENSATION
- Part-time with possibility for full-time as we grow
- Must have your own computer
- Work remotely = avoid that EDSA traffic :D
- You’ll be working virtually with our founders in Canada, so you must love working independently in a non-traditional environment
- Access to fast and reliable internet connection is a MUST
- We’re looking for a team member, not an employee - be willing to challenge us, give us your opinions, and come with new ideas
- Competitive payment
READY TO APPLY?
Yay! Please follow our instructions closely.
Do NOT submit a cover letter. Send an email to email@example.com with subject line: ‘APPLICATION: [YOUR FIRST & LAST NAME]’.
Within your email, attach your resume as a PDF with file name ‘[YOUR FIRST & LAST NAME]’s Resume’. And within the email body, please send us your written responses to the following questions below:
- Where do you hang out on social? Paste a link (or links) to your social media handles below.
- Why do you think you would make a great member of our team?
- To you, what’s the difference between a ‘team member’ and an employee?
- Which of our Cambio & Co. brand partners do you resonate with most and why?