Takipsilim Wooden Earrings
Regular price$30.00 CAD
- Local shipping in US & Canada + Global Shipping
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Our Takipsilim earrings are inspired by the stillness of the ocean at dusk
A pair of Takipsilim wood earrings is reminiscent of the view you see in coastal towns in the Philippines. Once the sun sets, the oceans become quieter. We are inspired by the stillness of the waters and the in-betweens of days to come.
The Tboli are celebrated as visionary “Dreamweavers”, brass casters, and woodworkers. The artisan begins by carving out the silhouette from wood of the Narra tree, sanding the form down until smooth. Then, the wood is dyed using a natural extract from the Amboina Pitch Tree. Once dried, the artisan etches a pattern onto the surface to reveal the natural wood underneath. These are traditional techniques handed down to the Tboli woodworkers for generations and reinvented for En Route Handcrafted.
- Handmade by Tboli indigenous woodworkers in Lake Sebu, South Cotabato, Mindanao
- Lightweight for comfort and style all day long
- Length and width of 2.2 x 2.2 inches
- Uses natural organic dye from the Amboina pitch tree
- Handcarved using leftover wood pieces from the Narra tree
- Gold-plated copper backing
- Check out with Sezzle and split into 4 interest-free payments over 6 weeks