Bluko Wire Brass Bangle
- Handmade in South Cotabato in Mindanao
- Local shipping in US & Canada + Global Shipping
- Low stock - 1 item left
- Inventory on the way
For a touch of wonder and whimsy around your wrist, slide on our Bluko Wire Bangle. Its simple design, inspired by the beauty of Philippine flora, curls around your wrist like a brass vine. Specifically, the curlicues mimic the pakô plant (fiddlehead fern). Feel rooted whenever you #WearYourHeritage.
This brass bangle was designed and handmade by Indigenous Tboli artisans of Lake Sebu, South Cotabato in the Philippines. The Tboli are celebrated as visionary brass-casters, woodworkers, and “Dreamweavers”. The art of Temwel (brass-casting) and Kemteng (brass-pulling) is an honoured tradition passed down for generations.
To craft the Bluko Wire Bangle, the artisans use upcycled brass and other metal scraps from local junk shops. These are then transformed into new designs that honor Tboli tradition, folklore, and nature. Kemteng involves heating and pulling the brass wire into its desired shape.
Each of our bangles are handmade in small batches to showcase the highest quality Tboli craftsmanship available. Naturally, this means your jewelry will have small imperfections and a unique character to it.
- Proudly designed and handcrafted by the Tboli brass-casters of Lake Sebu, South Cotabato
- Made with brass upcycled from various objects
- Diameter is 2.46 inches, adjustable (We suggest measuring the diameter of one of your existing bracelets to compare)
- Also available as a Bluto Brass Ring
- Check out with Sezzle and split into 4 interest-free payments over 6 weeks