Makisig Shell ClutchRegular price $300.00 CAD
Meaning gorgeous in Filipino, our Makisig Shell Clutch is handcrafted from natural macabebe shells; individually cut, shaped, and polished by talented Filipino artisans from Cebu. Minimalist and lightweight, our Makisig Clutch adds a perfect touch of Filipiniana elegance to a wedding, gala, or any special occasion.
The shells are intentionally left un-dyed and carefully polished by hand to showcase the beautiful, natural sheen of the Philippines Macabebe Shell, adding an elusive and subtle shimmer that will elevate your outfit.
Inspired by nature and the bountiful islands of the Philippines, the Islander Collection by Island Girl is made with genuine shells and natural materials, sustainably sourced from Cebu and its surrounding islands with minimal impact to the environment.
As materials are sourced from nature and crafted by hard working hands, each piece features 'intentional imperfections' - variations in exact size, cut, colour, texture, and patterns. This adds to the individuality and unique story of each piece.
- Designed and handcrafted in the Philippines by Filipino artisans in Cebu
- Made of genuine, sustainably sourced Macabebe Shell
- Materials are locally and ethically sourced to support traditional Filipino craftsmanship with minimal interference with the natural habitat
- Each piece features 'intentional imperfections' - variations in exact size, cut, colour, texture, and patterns. This adds to the individuality and unique story of each piece.
- Care instructions: Natural and organic shells are delicate. Avoid exposure to extreme heat and moisture. Wipe clean with soft, damp cloth. Do not use harsh chemicals or cleaners. Store pieces in cloth bag away from sunlight.