Hanak Arrow RingRegular price $35.00 CAD
Gearing up for a big promotion at work? Starting a new journey? Tap into your inner warrior strength with our Hanak Arrow Ring. According to our partner Sesotunawa, the Hanak was inspired by the arrow, a T'boli symbol of courage. Let this be a small reminder whenever you #WearYourHeritage.
This ring was designed and handmade by Indigenous T’boli artisans of Lake Sebu, South Cotabato in the Philippines. The T’boli are celebrated as visionary brass-casters, woodworkers, and “Dreamweavers”. The art of Temwel (brass-casting) is an honoured tradition passed down for generations.
To craft each piece, the artisans use upcycled brass and other metal scraps from local junk shops. These are then transformed into new designs that honor Tboli tradition, folklore, and nature. Temwel involves a complex process of wax rolling, clay molding, and molten metal casting that usually takes days to complete.
Each of our rings are handmade in small batches to showcase the highest quality T’boli craftsmanship available. Naturally, this means your jewelry will have small imperfections and a unique character to it. The Hanak Arrow design is available as a brass bangle.
- Proudly designed and handcrafted by the T’boli brass-casters of Lake Sebu, South Cotabato
- Made with brass upcycled from various objects
- Circumference is approx. 7.5 inches, slightly adjustable (We suggest measuring your finger or one of your existing rings to compare)
- With love and wear, our brass accessories will naturally darken over time. Re-polish with vinegar, ketchup, or a paste of lemon juice and baking soda. Rinse with warm water, then wipe dry until shiny and new again!
- Also available as a brass bangle.