Repolyo Rosa Filigree Brooch
- Handcrafted in Benguet
- Local shipping in US & Canada + Global Shipping
- Low stock - 2 items left
- Inventory on the way
Our Repolyo Rosa Brooch combines traditional Philippine artistry with modern-day design.
Inspired by the repolyo rosa, also known as the cabbage rose, an edible flower that blooms with stunning pinks, dark purples, and whites. Its closely arranged petals make it look just like the repolyo you’ll find in some of your favorite Filipino dishes.
Let this piece bring you back to tagsibol (Spring) in the Philippines. Handcrafted by a Nanay and Tatay team of artisans in Benguet, our Sibol collection is designed to celebrate your new season of growth, healing, and joy.
About The Craftsmanship: Gold filigree is a meticulous and rare technique perfected by native plateros for centuries, every heirloom carries the proud story of our pre-colonial heritage and of fine Filipino craftsmanship. The platero begins by melting blocks of gold or silver, repeatedly hammering and cooling them until they become fine and delicate threads. The threads are carefully shaped by hand into "kalado" or lace-like patterns inspired by nature. To craft more intricate pieces, the platero individually welds small drops together to form beautiful heirlooms.
- Handcrafted by Filipino artisans in Benguet using the rare art of gold filigree, a pre-Hispanic indigenous technique from the Philippine islands
- Made of 985 pure silver dipped in 24-karat gold
- Diameter of 4cm
- Intended as heirloom pieces, colours will tarnish over time to develop a more antique look
- Check out with Sezzle and split into 4 interest-free payments over 6 weeks