Filipino Sun Wooden Stud Earrings
Regular price$40.00 CAD
- Local shipping in US & Canada + Global Shipping
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Like the story of our people's struggle for independence and freedom, our Filipino Sun Wooden Stud Earrings are an element of Sesotunawa's Kalayaan Set that is born from the collective effort of our Tboli Culture Bearers. This piece is lovingly handcrafted using the Tboli arts of wood carving.
May these pieces inspire us to continue working for the protection of the freedom (and culture) that our forefathers have fought hard for.
The Tboli are celebrated as visionary “Dreamweavers”, brass casters, and woodworkers. The artisan begins by carving out the silhouette from the wood of the Narra tree and sanding the form down until smooth. Then, the wood is dyed using a natural extract from the Amboina Pitch Tree. Once dried, the artisan etches a pattern onto the surface to reveal the natural wood underneath. These are traditional techniques handed down to the Tboli woodworkers for generations.
- Handmade by Tboli indigenous woodworkers in Lake Sebu, South Cotabato, Mindanao
- Lightweight for comfort and style all day long
- Diameter of 3 cm
- Uses natural organic dye from the Amboina pitch tree
- Handcarved using leftover wood pieces from the Narra tree
- Check out with Sezzle and split into 4 interest-free payments over 6 weeks
- FREE Shipping to Canada & USA on orders over $80
- Ships from Toronto and NY State (for US Customers)
- Canada & USA Shipping Time: 3-5 business days
- Worldwide Shipping available at checkout
- Pickup in person available in Toronto (near Scarborough), choose Pickup option in your cart
- Want to send this item as a gift? Add a personal note to your order in the Cart Notes for us to include with the shipment
- Comes with a handwritten note and gift ready packaging
- Refund & Exchange within 30 days. See Details
- Read our full Shipping Policy
With love and wear, our brass accessories will naturally darken over time. Re-polish with vinegar, ketchup, or a paste of lemon juice and baking soda. Rinse with warm water, then wipe dry until shiny and new again!