Payneta Comb Necklace
- Local shipping in US & Canada + Global Shipping
- Low stock - 1 item left
- Inventory on the way
Flaunt a new way to don a classic Filipiniana accessory with the Payneta Necklace. Strung upon a dainty chain, this pendant is inspired by the ornate hair comb (peineta) Filipinas wore with the traje de mestiza (aka the Maria Clara) toward the end of the 19th century. Now, you can wear it, too!
Handcrafted in gold filigree, a meticulous and rare technique perfected by the plateros of Ilocos Sur. Every heirloom carries the proud story of our pre-colonial heritage and of fine Filipino craftsmanship.
The artistry of gold filigree craftsmanship has been practiced by native plateros for centuries. The platero begins by melting blocks of gold or silver, repeatedly hammering and cooling them until they become fine and delicate threads. The threads are carefully shaped by hand into "kalado" or lace-like patterns inspired by nature. To craft more intricate pieces, the platero individually welds small drops together to form beautiful heirlooms.Looking for the traditional hair comb for a wedding or special event? Shop the Payneta antique comb
- Handcrafted by Filipino artisans in Ilocos using the rare art of gold filigree, a pre-Hispanic indigenous technique from the Philippine islands
- Consists of 985 pure silver dipped in 24-karat gold pendant
- Length: Adjustable 16"/18" 92.5% sterling silver dipped in 18-karat gold chain
- Intended as heirloom pieces, colours will tarnish over time to develop a more antique look
- For better preservation, reduce exposure to sweat and perfume and store within an air tight container
- Check out with Sezzle and split into 4 interest-free payments over 6 weeks