Liryo Calla Lily Drop Earrings
- Local shipping in US & Canada + Global Shipping
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Our Liryo Drop Earrings combine traditional Philippine artistry with modern-day design.
We’ve taken inspiration from the Calla Lily, a flower full of symbolism and story. It’s been associated with rebirth, life, beauty, and resurrection. Calla Lilies are often gifted to bless departed souls, but are also commonly used in weddings to celebrate newlyweds. This flower celebrates both beginnings and endings, a powerful symbol to welcome your next season of life.
Let this piece bring you back to tagsibol (Spring) in the Philippines. Handcrafted by a Nanay and Tatay team of artisans in Benguet, our Sibol collection is designed to celebrate your new season of growth, healing, and joy.
About The Craftsmanship: Gold filigree is a meticulous and rare technique perfected by native plateros for centuries, every heirloom carries the proud story of our pre-colonial heritage and of fine Filipino craftsmanship. The platero begins by melting blocks of gold or silver, repeatedly hammering and cooling them until they become fine and delicate threads. The threads are carefully shaped by hand into "kalado" or lace-like patterns inspired by nature. To craft more intricate pieces, the platero individually welds small drops together to form beautiful heirlooms.
- Handcrafted by Filipino artisans in Benguet using the rare art of gold filigree, a pre-Hispanic indigenous technique
- Made of 985 pure silver dipped in 24-karat gold
- Drop length of 2.3"
- Intended as heirloom pieces, colours will tarnish over time to develop a more antique look
- Nickel-free and lead-free, suitable for sensitive skin
- Check out with Sezzle and split into 4 interest-free payments over 6 weeks