Rosita Quads EarringsRegular price $195.00 CAD
Elevate your outfit with a touch of modern Filipiniana. Our Rosita Quads Earrings combine classic rositas (rose details) with an unexpected, more angular, hoop silhouette. Glamorous, elegant, while still a little edgy―our Rosita Quads Earrings are a triple threat. Just like you!
Handcrafted in gold filigree, a meticulous and rare technique perfected by the plateros of Ilocos Sur, every heirloom carries the proud story of our pre-colonial heritage and of fine FIlipino craftsmanship.
Because each piece is crafted in gold filigree (not engraved), it can take 2 to 3 days to craft a pair of earrings.
The artistry of gold filigree craftsmanship has been practiced by native plateros for centuries. The platero begins by melting blocks of gold or silver, repeatedly hammering and cooling them until they become fine and delicate threads. The threads are carefully shaped by hand into "kalado" or lace-like patterns inspired by nature. To craft more intricate pieces, the platero individually welds small drops together to form beautiful heirlooms.
- Handcrafted by Filipino artisans in Ilocos using the rare art of gold filigree, a pre-Hispanic indigenous technique
- Pure Silver dipped in 24-karat gold
- Latch back closures
- Dimensions: 3.4cm x 1.6cm
- Intended as heirloom pieces, colours will tarnish over time to develop a more antique look
- For better preservation, reduce exposure to sweat and perfume and store within an air tight container